Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,089,370 1 new person every 1 minute and 31 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% Annual change Mar 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.6% Quarterly change Dec 2015 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,499.30 November 2015 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% April 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 31 May 2016Dwelling approvals rise in AprilBuilding Approvals, Australia
- Tuesday 31 May 2016Decrease in current account deficitBalance of Payments and International Investment Position, Australia
- Tuesday 31 May 2016General government expenses exceeded revenue by $4,546mGovernment Finance Statistics, Australia
- Tuesday 31 May 2016Additional data cubes for small area personal incomeEstimates of Personal Income for Small Areas (Additional Information)
- Monday 30 May 2016Seasonally adjusted profits continue to fallBusiness Indicators, Australia
4221.0 - Schools, Australia, 2015 Record high The number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander school students is at a record high. Just over 200,000 students identified as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander in 2015, an increase of 4.2 per cent from 2014. The figure is an increase of almost 50 cent from 2005 numbers.
4364.0.55.012 - Australian Health Survey: Consumption of Food Groups from the Australian Dietary Guidelines, 2011-12 Healthy eating Less than 4 per cent of the population consumes the recommended amount of vegetables and legumes or beans each day. One in 10 people meet the guidelines for dairy products, while one in seven consume the minimum number of serves of lean meats and alternatives per day.
3 million Australians are studying for a qualification