Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,059,820 1 new person every 1 minute and 31 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% Annual change Mar 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.6% Quarterly change Dec 2015 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,499.30 November 2015 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.8% March 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 29 April 2016Half of older Australians living with disabilityDisability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: First Results
- Friday 29 April 2016Final demand index fell 0.2% in the March Qtr 2016Producer Price Indexes, Australia
- Friday 29 April 2016Tourism growing faster than the total economyAustralian National Accounts: Tourism Satellite Account
- Thursday 28 April 2016Commodities lead falls in international trade pricesInternational Trade Price Indexes, Australia
- Thursday 28 April 2016Key Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander data releasedNational Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey
www.abs.gov.au Welcome to our new home page We’ve redesigned the ABS homepage to make it easier, friendlier and quicker for you to get to where you want. Based on your feedback, we put the most sought out content up front and streamlined the navigation pathways to get you everywhere else.
3301.0 - Births, Australia, 2014 Bundles of joy There were 4,316 sets of twins and 65 sets of triplets or higher order births in 2014. The rates of multiple births in Australia have remained relatively stable over recent years - making up 1.5 to 1.7 per cent of births each year.
3 million Australians are studying for a qualification